Teacher: Leigh Kermizian
Title: Apple Collage
Grade Level: Pre-K
- Define the word collage
- Discuss different types of apples
- Create a collage of an apple
- Discuss the meaning of the word collage
- Read book on apples
- Discuss different types of apples, colors
- Distribute art materials
- Create collage of an apple
- Old magazines and newspapers
- Scrap paper red and green
- Construction paper pre-cut in apple shape or paper plate
- Pre-cut shape for leaf and stem
- Glue or glue stick
Common Core Standards:
- Students will share their work using the TAG format (tell something you like, ask a question, give positive suggestions)
What are the benefits of using collage?
What color are apples?
How can we turn a plate into an apple?
- One on one assistance
- Extra visual aids
- Adaptive tools